Wednesday 19 November 2014

Justice

So Maall had suggested I solo Justice and Zeus to get a feel for tanking/solo runs because they're very good starter mobs that help you get a feel of the flow. I have to say, this was extremely good advice, and I would recommend it to anyone else who wants to pick up tanking/solo mobkills. I haven't done Zeus yet (he'll be my next solo target), but today I did a pair of kills on Justice using my paladin.

She drops a junky weapon and eyewear (sword of equilibrium and blindfold of clarity...the blindfold isn't bad for immob mages, actually), but the main thing people go after is the scales of alpha and omega. The neat thing about the scales is that they pop a different alignment on each kill. Devout is the rarest (and thus most expensive to buy, around 20-25m), evil is uncommon (~2m?), and neutral is the most common and generally considered trash (often less than 1m....and you get 1m if someone is feeling really generous/desperate for neut scales for some reason; they midas for 400k themselves). But the devout scales are a pretty solid neckwear!

Object 'scales of alpha & omega' is infused with your magic...
It is a level 50 armor, weight 2.
Locations it can be worn:  neck
Special properties:  glow hum magic
Alignments allowed:  good neutral evil
This armor has a gold value of 1000000.
Armor class is 40 of 40.
Affects mana by 75.
Affects hp by 50.
Affects damage roll by 2.

So from Darkhaven Square, you head into DAG. 4s, w, 2n, give 5k coins receptionist, un n, open n, 2n, e, ne, nw, 2ne, enter (Mists at End painting). Cast invis on your party here.

At this point, the general instructions are to portal straight to the hanged man (keyword: hanged). I couldn't get it work, though, even when I moved one room over. Instead, I had my mage astral walk over to hanged, and then portal back to my party.

From there, 3e, d, 2w, and Justice is north. Justice is not aggressive to devout or neutral alignments, but she will aggro onto evil align characters. So just spellup in the room south of her, and have a devout/neutral character put a spring in her room.

I have to say, I was expecting much worse from Justice.....but after tanking Ben weeks ago, and running Yeti yesterday...Justice was sort of a pushover. I did set a trigger for true sight, but I found I still had to keep a careful eye on the timers as Justice would often gouge when my true sight was running low, and the blind would outlast my true sight. The lowest I got was probably 600ish hp, when I was caught in gouge-spam and was forced into a lag timer multiple rounds in a row while she spammed spells. But I had my wimpy set at 500 anyway, and when I found myself caught in lag spam and dropping to about 1000, I would start fleeing out so I could recuperate and go back in. I imagine if you've got 1500 hp, it can get a bit dicey at times, but you'd still have a couple hundred hp during those moments to flee out. My paladin had 1750ish hp for this run; normally over 1800, but the only non-magic weapon I have access to is sword with the king's crest, which gives much less hp than the Maul of Stone does (what my pally normally has equipped; according to rodpedia, you need non-magic weapons for Justice).

Otherwise a really easy, straightforward run. I think my backwear scrapped at some point, which is a bit of an annoyance, but not the worst thing in the world. I was intending to try one kill using chokeflee on my barbarian, but after doing two kills, I realized going solo burns a lot of heals. I think I used about 400ish heals over two kills...I think. I popped neut scales on my first kill, and devout on my second, yay!

Next time, Zeus!

Oh yeah, I'm going to start using labels on my posts. More for my own organization :)

No comments:

Post a Comment